Dampproof - Earth Friendly Every Time
DD5 our 5 gal. Deco Dampproof coating is a water based acrylic designed to protect foundation walls and other concrete applications from moisture penetration.
- ICC classified as a dampproof material above and
- Tested by SGS U.S. Testing Co. Inc.
- UV resistant, high quality product, no solvents or
- Liquid applied by roller or airless sprayer – easy to
- Seamless, no cutting, taping or nail guns as w/ sheet
- 0% VOC's, paintable, dries gray, no odor
- Easy to apply and meets all STATES building codes :)
- No mixing or trowel on, product ready, easy cleanup
- Easy to spray or roll on and an excellent alternative to tar which is limited to grade line issues unless a protection board is applied. You do not need a protection board with DD55.
Parged & Non-Parged Block, Precast,
Poured Concrete, ICF & Styrofoam Walls.
- Remove all dirt, dust, oils, foreign
material which is to be coated.
- Fill or repair any cracks,
honeycomb, wall ties, holes, etc. with Deco Tie Patch or concrete repair
- New Construction - Surface must be
dry to allow for proper adhesion. Can be applied on green concrete. The
American Concrete institute (ACI) defines green concrete that has set but not
- Use 2000+ PSI airless sprayer such
as Graco 7900 Airless Sprayer for best results.
- Apply at 32-95 degrees otherwise
cold or evaporation will affect curing dry time
and coverage rate
- Do not apply with the threat of
imminent rain. Perform test to insure desired results.
- Dry cure rate is 12 hours. Dependent
on temperature, airflow, humidity.
Dampproof - Technical Information
ICC (International Code Council)
An evaluated and approved dampproof
material above and below grade
Deco Seal Characteristics:
- Water based acrylic resin, smooth,
opaque, Gray viscous liquid
- Odor of a latex waterborne system
- Non-Hazardous, Non-Toxic,
- Prolonged contact may cause
- No Solvents, UV resistant therefore applicable below grade and above grade
DECO 20 Dampproof meets
or exceeds the following ASTMs:
ASTM D 2939, Resistance To Water. Rating Number 1- No-Softing -
no loss of Adhesion, or reemulsification
- ASTM D 2939, (Section 16) “Flexibility” Rating Number 1 - No
cracks hairline or otherwise, no loss of Adhesion
- ASTM D 6489, “Water Absorption”
ASTM C 836, Film Thickness On Vertical Surface.
- ASTM D 2665, Color Fastness Of Surface Coating - UV Resistance
- ASTM D 3273-9, Resistance to Mold Growth Of Surface Coating
ASTM D 1227 Type III Class 1 - Suitable for use as a protective
coating for built-up roofs and other exposed surfaces with specified inclines
- Data Sheet - General Overview
- ICC Report
- MSDS Report
Coverage Rate - 100 sq.ft/gal
Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: