DECO 20 Clear Penetrating Sealer
Our signature product created in 1991. Truly a one of a kind product designed for many applications. Deco 20 is ICC approved for interior and exterior foundation walls. An ICC approved product designed to protect against moisture intrusion and vapor barrier keeping walls dry from dampness. Approved as a dampproof product below grade replacing tar systems.
Applications: Foundation Walls (concrete, block, precast), Above & Below Grade, concrete buildings, sidewalks, patios, crawl spaces, pools, any porous concrete vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- ICC (International Code Council) tested & approved as equal to bituminous/tar materials
- Green product - water based & non-hazardous
- Only (1) one coat application after concrete surface is dry.
- Many Applications: above/below grade - interior/exterior - walls/floors
- Paintable, breathable, odorless, no sheen, dries clear
- UV resistant
- Sprayer - airless or garden sprayer, 100 psi of pressure or lower.
- No mixing, ready to use
Synonymous with quality, functionality and ease of use "Deco 20 Clear" prides itself on over 2 million applications and 26 years of proven experience.
APPLICATION USES LISTED BELOW:
CONCRETE FOUNDATION WALLS: (New)
- Block (parged & non-parged)
- Poured Concrete (must wait a min. of 1 full day for form oil to dissipate before applying)
Deco 20 can be applied to exterior foundation walls listed above. Deco 20 produces a highly effective breathable moisture barrier. Deco 20 is classified by ICC (International Code Council) as a dampproof product below grade.
Applying dampproof materials is normally a cost issue. Dampproofing is less expensive than waterproofing materials - bottom line. Dampproof coatings or Tar is labor intensive because your mixing, brushing, troweling a membrane or tar on the wall. Coverage rates per gal. are less, takes longer to apply and messy. Deco 20 provides above/below grade wall protection. Many dampproof materials are below grade only.
Deco 20 Clear is product ready. Simply pour material into any sprayer (airless or hand pump) and spray just one coat onto the wall. It will dry in 1-2 hours, it's easy to apply, odorless, UV resistant, etc. Our customers continue to tell us the ease of use and time saved is amazing and very impressive.
CRAWL SPACES & DAMP INTERIOR BASEMENT WALLS:
- Stone (Must be limestone based)
If your interior walls are always damp or you get damp walls after heavy rains you can apply Deco 20. If you have water coming through your walls Deco 20 will not work. Call a basement specialist or excavator - your problem is on the exterior wall and we recommend no product on the market with water coming through your wall(s). If you have Drylok or any type of topical coating on the wall you must remove all existing coatings before applying Deco 20. The problem w/ a topical product is it sets on the surface. If the wall is continuously damp these surface coatings will eventually bubble, pop, or flake off. We also see quite a bit of efflorescence come through these topical coatings.
If your wall is damp before trying to apply Deco 20 you need to get it as dry as possible. The drier the wall the more Deco 20 the wall will take in. Get air on the walls, open windows or get fans on the wall until dry or partially dry. Apply 1 heavy coat on wall but no run downs. Protect glass, metal, anything else other than concrete wall. Read Applicators Guide or bucket label for details.
FLATWORK / OTHER:
- Concrete: Driveways, Floor Slabs, Patios, Pool Areas, Sidewalks
- Precast: Commercial Buildings, Parking Garages, Water tanks
Deco 20 separates itself from most sealers because they don't have the durability and ICC approval for foundation walls. Our high rating by ICC allows Deco 20 to be used for non-foundation wall projects. You have the benefit of using an contractor grade sealer that will provide superior results.
- Remove all dirt, dust, oils, efflorescence (white blotchy areas), foreign material which is to be sealed
- Fill or repair any cracks, honeycomb, holes, etc. with Deco Tie Patch or concrete repair caulk/patch.
- New Construction - Forms must be off wall 1 full day to allow surface to dry before applying Deco20
- Pour Deco 20 into any sprayer and apply on surface with run downs showing wall is fully saturated. Apply no more than 100psi of pressure if using airless sprayer. 60-80psi pressure is best.
- Drier the surface insures best results, 36-85 degrees otherwise cold or evaporation will affect coverage
- Only 1 coat application
- Perform test to insure desired results.
- Use proper safety glasses when spraying. Do not spray on windy day or threat of rain day within 4 hrs
- Dries in several hours dependent on temperature, humidity. Dries clear, no wet look. Do not get on glass, asphalt, etc.. Wipe off glass immediately with wet cloth to prevent etching or water hose down affected areas such as driveways that are at base of vertical wall being sprayed. Drop cloth helpful.
DECO 20 Technical Information
ICC (International Code Council) Classification:
- Dampproof - ICC-ES Legacy Report # 93-04.01
- Waterproof above grade
DECO Clear Penetrating Concrete Sealer (DECO 20) is:
- Low VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) Meets all States Spec's.
- UV Resistant, Paintable, Breathable
- Water Based w/ Silicate Solids
- ASTM D 2939 - Resistance to water solubility. Flexibility no cracking.
- ASTM D 466 - Resistance to water flow and action. Excellent adhesion. No reemulsification.
- ASTM E 96 - Water vapor transmission. - 0.04 grains/sq.ft./hour Water vapor permeability. - 0.102 perms
- ASTM C 836 - Film Thickness On Vertical Surface. SS-W-110 C - Water Repellency On Masonry Test 1.925% Average
- ASTM C 672 - Freeze/Thaw - 20 Day Cycle
REPORTS (PDF's) - View on "Reports/Videos Tab"
Block = 125-150 sq/ft/gal. [ 5 gal. bucket = 750sq/ft]
Concrete = 175-200 sq.ft/gal [ 5 gal. = 1000 sq.ft]
Precast = 200+ sq/ft. gal. [ 5 gal. = 1000+ sq.ft]
Coverage rates are dependent on temperatures, porosity of surface, sprayer/equipment, etc.
Exterior Wall...New Foundation Poured Concrete
Interior Block Wall...
Overall Customer Rating of 6 Reviews: