DECO 20 Clear Penetrating Sealer
Deco’s first product, created in 1991, designed as a safe & easy to use multi-purpose concrete sealer. We’re proud to continually receive praise from customers by being 100% Water-Based and contain no solvents, thus is Eco-Friendly and is also Easy to apply, Odorless, and UV Resistant. Deco 20 has been applied in over 2 million International applications and is the only Clear Sealer approved by ICC for dampproofing foundation walls.
Deco 20 can be applied on the interior & exterior of foundation walls. This product is a direct replacement for tar/bituminous systems for below-grade dampproof applications. Deco 20 prevents moisture invasion and acts as a vapor barrier to keep walls dry.
Applications: Foundation Walls (concrete, block, precast), Above & Below Grade, concrete buildings, sidewalks, patios, crawl spaces, pools, any porous concrete vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Tested & Approved by ICC (International Code Council) to replace for bituminous/tar materials.
- Eco-Friendly: Water Based & Non-Hazardous
- UV Resistant & Application requires only (1) coat (be sure concrete is dry)
- Paintable - Breathable - Odorless - Dries Clear
- Ready to Apply: No mixing
- Applicable by: Garden or Airless sprayer ( >100psi )
Applicable CONCRETE FOUNDATION WALLS: (New)
- Block (parged & non-parged)
- Poured Concrete (must wait a min. of 1 full day for form oil to dissipate before applying)
Deco 20 can be applied and is classified by ICC (International Code Council) as a dampproof product below grade on exterior applications. It provides a highly effective & breathable moisture barrier, dries clear, and is paintable.
While many materials only offer below grade dampproof protection, Deco 20 provides above & below grade wall protection. Compared to products like Tar and other bituminous materials, Deco 20 is not labor intensive. Tar & similar products are messy, involving mixing, brushing, or troweling onto the wall, which results in less coverage rates per gal. and longer application time.
On arrival, Deco 20 is ready to use. Pour into your sprayer, this can be a weed or any airless/ hand pump sprayer, (be sure to clean before use) and apply 1 coat onto the wall. Typical dry time (variables include humidity, air flow, etc...) is 1-2hrs. Our customers continually tell us they love the ease of use and the time saved with this product.
CRAWL SPACES & DAMP INTERIOR BASEMENT WALLS:
- Stone (Must be limestone based)
Deco 20 can be applied to walls that are continually damp or become damp after heavy rains or storms. If your foundation walls have water coming through them, Deco 20 WILL NOT stop the water from coming in, nor will any product on the market. At this point, call an excavator or basement specialist - the issue is on the exterior part of the wall(s). (Note: if you wish to have the exterior of your foundation wall(s) protected by a waterproof material check out our Deco Seal). Furthermore, if you have Drylok or any topical coating on the wall, it must be removed before applying Deco 20. Topical coatings sit on the surface they’re applied to and consistent moisture will cause them to eventually bubble, pop, or flake off. In our experience, topical coatings show efflorescence coming through them.
A damp wall(s) must be dry as possible before applying Deco 20. Apply the concept of a sponge to your wall, the less water (in this case dampness) inside of it, the more Deco 20 it can absorb. Get air on the walls, set fans towards the wall, open windows until dry or best possible. Apply 1 heavy coat on the wall, no run downs are needed. Protect glass, metal, or anything else on your concrete surface. Read our Applicator Guidelines or your bucket for details.
FLATWORK / OTHER:
- Concrete: Driveways, Floor Slabs, Patios, Pool Areas, Sidewalks
- Precast: Commercial Buildings, Parking Garages, Water tanks
Deco 20 separates itself from most sealers because they don't have the durability and ICC approval for foundation walls. Our high rating by ICC allows Deco 20 to be used for non-foundation wall projects. You have the benefit of using an contractor grade sealer that will provide superior results.
- Remove all dirt, dust, oils, efflorescence (white blotchy areas), foreign material which is to be sealed
- Fill or repair any cracks, honeycomb, holes, etc. with Deco Tie Patch or concrete repair caulk/patch.
- New Construction - Forms must be off wall 1 full day to allow surface to dry before applying Deco20
- Pour Deco 20 into any sprayer and apply on surface with run downs showing wall is fully saturated. Apply no more than 100psi of pressure if using airless sprayer. 60-80psi pressure is best.
- Drier the surface insures best results, 36-85 degrees otherwise cold or evaporation will affect coverage
- Only 1 coat application
- Perform test to insure desired results.
- Use proper safety glasses when spraying. Do not spray on windy day or threat of rain day within 4 hrs
- Dries in several hours dependent on temperature, humidity. Dries clear, no wet look. Do not get on glass, asphalt, etc.. Wipe off glass immediately with wet cloth to prevent etching or water hose down affected areas such as driveways that are at base of vertical wall being sprayed. Drop cloth helpful.
DECO 20 Technical Information
ICC (International Code Council) Classification:
- Dampproof - ICC-ES Legacy Report # 93-04.01
- Waterproof above grade
DECO Clear Penetrating Concrete Sealer (DECO 20) is:
- Low VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) Meets all States Spec's.
- UV Resistant, Paintable, Breathable
- Water Based w/ Silicate Solids
- ASTM D 2939 - Resistance to water solubility. Flexibility no cracking.
- ASTM D 466 - Resistance to water flow and action. Excellent adhesion. No reemulsification.
- ASTM E 96 - Water vapor transmission. - 0.04 grains/sq.ft./hour Water vapor permeability. - 0.102 perms
- ASTM C 836 - Film Thickness On Vertical Surface. SS-W-110 C - Water Repellency On Masonry Test 1.925% Average
- ASTM C 672 - Freeze/Thaw - 20 Day Cycle
REPORTS (PDF's) - View on "Reports/Videos Tab"
Block = 125-150 sq/ft/gal. [ 5 gal. bucket = 750sq/ft]
Concrete = 175-200 sq.ft/gal [ 5 gal. = 1000 sq.ft]
Precast = 200+ sq/ft. gal. [ 5 gal. = 1000+ sq.ft]
Coverage rates are dependent on temperatures, porosity of surface, sprayer/equipment, etc.
Exterior Wall...New Foundation Poured Concrete
Interior Block Wall...
Overall Customer Rating of 7 Reviews: