Deco Seal is a 100% water-based acrylic membrane designed to waterproof and protect concrete foundation walls from hydrostatic water pressure. These can be, Poured, ICF, Precast, or Block (parged/non-parged) foundation walls.
Deco Seal is environmentally safe, contains no harsh chemicals, and is safe to use. The majority of foundation products are labeled “water-based” solvents or “water-emulsified” tar. This is due to water being added to make these products appear “eco-friendly” and/or “safe” to apply, but in most cases need use of a respirator because even though water was added, it still contains harmful chemicals.
- ICC Approved as an Above & Below Grade Waterproof Material.
- Applicable 1 day after form removal or block mortar is dry.
- 100% Water-Based = No waiting 7 or 28 days for curing process.
- UV Resistant & No Grade Lines = Tar/Solvents can’t be applied above grade.
- Apply from Footer Joint to the Sill Plate = Complete Wall Protection.
- Seamless & Liquid Applied = No cutting or taping of seams or nails/screws into wall.
- TWO COLORS = LIGHT GRAY or BEIGE
- Non-Hazardous, Paintable, Breathable/Permeable
- Meets ALL states building codes in the U.S.A.
- Applicable with ¾” or 1” nap roller or airless sprayer (2500+psi & 1-2gal./min flow rate)
- Boards, Wraps, or 6 mil. poly are not required or apart of our waterproofing system.
- “IF” grade is rocky/heavy clay use ½” or 1” foam board as protection against grade when Deco Seal dries.
- Bridges cracks up to ⅛” due to elasticity.
- Designed for DIY, Professional Applicators, Poured Wall Contractors, Masons etc.
DECO SEAL IS BUILT GREEN - AN ENVIRONMENTALLY ECO SAFE PRODUCT!!
Deco SEAL Applications
- CMU Block, Precast, Poured Concrete, ICF & Styrofoam Walls.
- Parged Block * (also known as a mortar scratch coat over CMU block)
- Open or Exposed Walls and Tapered Grade Lines. Esthetic Looking!
- Remove all dirt, dust, oils, foreign material which is to be coated.
- Fill or repair any cracks, honeycomb, wall ties, holes, etc. with Deco Tie Patch or concrete repair caulk/patch.
- New Construction - Surface must be dry to allow for proper adhesion. Can be applied on green concrete. The American Concrete institute (ACI) defines green concrete that has set but not appreciably hardened.
- Use 2000+ PSI airless sprayer w/ flow rate of 1-2 gallons per minute. Apply first coat w/ no run downs and if you can apply second coat at starting point and second coat holds w/ no run downs apply. Otherwise let first coat set until second coat can be applied.
- Roll On - Use 3/4" or 1" nap roller and apply on surface evenly but do not product run down or your applying to heavy. Apply one coat let dry then apply second coat.
- Protection Boards - Optional if grade is heavy clay, rocky/shale we recommend a pink/blue board. Apply liquid nails on board and place against the wall over Deco Seal.
- Temperature of 32-95 degrees otherwise cold or evaporation will affect Deco Seal dry/curing and/or coverage rate
- Do not apply with the threat of imminent rain. Perform test to insure desired results.
- Dry cure rate is 12 hours. Dependent on temperature, airflow, humidity. Do not backfill grade until Deco Seal is dry.
* Specifications require Deco 20 Clear Sealer to be applied first on non-parged block walls only. Allow Deco 20 to dry then apply Deco Seal. Deco 20 is a primer and increases adhesion.
Deco SEAL Technical Information
ICC (International Code Council) Classification:
- An evaluated and approved waterproof material above and below grade
Deco Seal Characteristics:
- Water based acrylic resin, smooth, opaque, Gray viscous liquid
- Odor of a latex waterborne system
- Non-Hazardous, Non-Toxic, Non-Carinogenic/Cancerous
- Prolonged contact may cause irritation
- No solvents, UV resistant, Paintable, Breathable
- ASTM C 1306, Hydrostatic pressure over cracks
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.7 Low-temperature flexibility and crack bridging
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.10 Adhesion strength
- ASTM D 2939, Section 15 Resistance to water
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.9 Remain in place during applic. (film thickness)
- ASTM E 96, Water vapor permeance (transmission)
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.12 Extensibility after heat aging
Additional Testing Outside the Scope of AC 29
- ASTM E 154, Section 13 Resistance to decay
- ASTM D 2565-1999, Color fastness of surface coating
- ASTM D 3273-94, Resistance to mold growth of surface coating
- Data Sheet - General Overview
- Applicators Guide
- ICC Report
- MSDS Report
- Block Construction: 50-60 sq.ft/gal.
- Parged (concrete scratch coat) over block: 50-60 sq.ft/gal.
- Concrete: 60-70 sq.ft/gal.
- ICF or Styrofoam Board: 70-80 sq.ft/gal.
- 5 GAL PAIL = 300 - 325 sq.ft coverage (incl. 2 thin coats)
(Dependent on temperature, equipment used, surface porosity)
Deco SEAL does not require a protection board. Tar related materials applied above grade require a protection board, taping of seams, cutting to length.
Packaging & Colors
- 5 gal. & 55 gal.
- Light Gray & Beige
Poured Concrete Walls - Deco Seal Spray Application
Block Walls - Parged & Non-Parged, Roll On Application
Overall Customer Rating of 15 Reviews: