Deco Seal is a 100% water based coating designed to protect foundation walls from hydrostatic water pressure. Designed for poured concrete walls, ICF walls, precast and block (parged/non-parged) walls.
- ICC classified as a waterproof material for above and below grade applications.
- Deco Seal can be applied 1 day after forms are removed or block mortar is dry. No waiting 7 or 28 days like other products bc Deco Seal is 100% waterbased no interference w/ curing process.
- UV resistant, No grade line issues. Tar, solvent systems cannot be applied above grade.
- Apply from Footer Joint upto the Sill Plate - Complete Wall Protection!!
- Seemless - Liquid applied.(No cutting, taping seams, nail guns, screws into wall - labor intensive)
- Colors available: LIGHT GRAY or BEIGE
- Non-Hazardous, Paintable, Breathable and Permeable.
- Meets all STATES building codes in USA.
- Easy roll on with 3/4" or 1" nap roller or airless sprayer (2500+psi & 1-2 gal. per min. flow rate)
- No need for 6 mil. poly, dimple boards or wraps over our product when dry. If grade is rocky, shale or sharp edged, heavy clay, etc. a 1/2" or 1" white/pink/blue foam board as a "Protection Board" (not part of the waterproofing system) can be placed over Deco Seal when dry.
- Elasticity testing to bridge a crack up to 1/8"
- Designed for DIY, professional applicators, poured wall/concrete contractors, masons, etc.
Most waterproofing products are solvent based or water emulsified. That just means water is added to a solvent based polymer. It's still solvent based just labeled water based or emulsified. Not healthy.
DECO SEAL IS BUILT GREEN - AN ENVIRONMENTALLY ECO SAFE PRODUCT!!
Call before ordering to determine best freight pricing. Freight changes daily and based on location.
Deco SEAL Applications
- CMU Block, Precast, Poured Concrete, ICF & Styrofoam Walls.
- Parged Block * (also known as a mortar scratch coat over block)
- Open or Exposed Walls and Tapered Grade Lines. Esthetic Looking!
- Remove all dirt, dust, oils, foreign material which is to be coated.
- Fill or repair any cracks, honeycomb, wall ties, holes, etc. with Deco Tie Patch or concrete repair caulk/patch.
- New Construction - Surface must be dry to allow for proper adhesion. Can be applied on green concrete. The American Concrete institute (ACI) defines green concrete that has set but not appreciably hardened.
- Use 2000+ PSI airless sprayer or 1 1/4" roller and apply on surface evenly at 30ml thickness. Best to apply two coats when roll on. Spray allows thicker rate.
- Temperature of 32-95 degrees otherwise cold or evaporation will affect Deco Seal dry/curing and/or coverage rate
- Do not apply with the threat of imminent rain. Perform test to insure desired results.
- Dry cure rate is 12 hours. Dependent on temperature, airflow, humidity.
* Specifications require Deco 20 Clear Sealer to be applied on parged block walls only. Allow Deco 20 to dry then apply Deco Seal. Deco 20 is a primer and increases adhesion.
Deco SEAL Technical Information
ICC (International Code Council) Classification:
- An evaluated and approved waterproof material above and below grade
Deco Seal Characteristics:
- Water based acrylic resin, smooth, opaque, Gray viscous liquid
- Odor of a latex waterborne system
- Non-Hazardous, Non-Toxic, Non-Carinogenic/Cancerous
- Prolonged contact may cause irritation
- No solvents, UV resistant, Paintable, Breathable
- ASTM C 1306, Hydrostatic pressure over cracks
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.7 Low-temperature flexibility and crack bridging
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.10 Adhesion strength
- ASTM D 2939, Section 15 Resistance to water
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.9 Remain in place during applic. (film thickness)
- ASTM E 96, Water vapor permeance (transmission)
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.12 Extensibility after heat aging
Additional Testing Outside the Scope of AC 29
- ASTM E 154, Section 13 Resistance to decay
- ASTM D 2565-1999, Color fastness of surface coating
- ASTM D 3273-94, Resistance to mold growth of surface coating
- Data Sheet - General Overview
- Applicators Guide
- ICC Report
- MSDS Report
- Block Construction: 50-60 sq.ft/gal.
- Parged (concrete scratch coat) over block: 50-60 sq.ft/gal.
- Concrete: 60-70 sq.ft/gal.
- ICF or Styrofoam Board: 70-80 sq.ft/gal.
(Dependent on temperature, equipment used, surface porosity)
Deco SEAL does not require a protection board. Tar related materials applied above grade require a protection board, taping of seams, cutting to length.
New Foundation Wall - Poured Concrete
Above Grade Block Wall
Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: