Deco SEAL is Bone Dry
Deco Seal Waterproofing Membrane is a water based acrylic coating designed to protect foundation walls from hydrostatic water pressure.
- ICC classified as a waterproof material above and below grade
- UV resistant, high quality product,
- Colors available: LIGHT GRAY or TAN
- Liquid applied by roller or sprayer [no cutting, taping seams, nail guns for peel n' stick products], smooth evenly applied coat
- LOW VOC's, paintable, highly effective breathable water barrier
- Easy to apply and meets all STATES building codes
- Airless sprayer or Roll on
- No mixing or trowel on, product ready, easy cleanup
Deco SEAL Applications
- CMU Block, Precast, Poured Concrete, ICF & Styrofoam Walls.
- Parged Block * (also known as a mortar scratch coat over CMU block)
- Open or Exposed Walls and Tapered Grade Lines. Esthetic Looking!
- Remove all dirt, dust, oils, foreign material which is to be coated.
- Fill or repair any cracks, honeycomb, wall ties, holes, etc. with Deco Tie Patch or concrete repair caulk/patch.
- New Construction - Surface must be dry to allow for proper adhesion. Can be applied on green concrete. The American Concrete institute (ACI) defines green concrete that has set but not appreciably hardened.
- Use 2000+ PSI airless sprayer w/ flow rate of 1-2 gallons per minute. Apply first coat w/ no run downs and if you can apply second coat at starting point and second coat holds w/ no run downs apply. Otherwise let first coat set until second coat can be applied.
- Roll On - Use 3/4" or 1" nap roller and apply on surface evenly but do not product run down or your applying to heavy. Apply one coat let dry then apply second coat.
- Protection Boards - Optional if grade is heavy clay, rocky/shale we recommend a pink/blue board. Apply liquid nails on board and place against the wall over Deco Seal.
- Temperature of 32-95 degrees otherwise cold or evaporation will affect Deco Seal dry/curing and/or coverage rate
- Do not apply with the threat of imminent rain. Perform test to insure desired results.
- Dry cure rate is 12 hours. Dependent on temperature, airflow, humidity. Do not backfill grade until Deco Seal is dry.
* Specifications require Deco 20 Clear Sealer to be applied first on non-parged block walls only. Allow Deco 20 to dry then apply Deco Seal. Deco 20 is a primer and increases adhesion.
Deco SEAL Technical Information
ICC (International Code Council) Classification:
- An evaluated and approved waterproof material above and below grade
Deco Seal Characteristics:
- Water based acrylic resin, smooth, opaque, Gray viscous liquid
- Odor of a latex waterborne system
- Non-Hazardous, Non-Toxic, Non-Carinogenic/Cancerous
- Prolonged contact may cause irritation
- No solvents, UV resistant, Paintable, Breathable
- ASTM C 1306, Hydrostatic pressure over cracks
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.7 Low-temperature flexibility and crack bridging
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.10 Adhesion strength
- ASTM D 2939, Section 15 Resistance to water
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.9 Remain in place during applic. (film thickness)
- ASTM E 96, Water vapor permeance (transmission)
- ASTM C 836, Section 6.12 Extensibility after heat aging
Additional Testing Outside the Scope of AC 29
- ASTM E 154, Section 13 Resistance to decay
- ASTM D 2565-1999, Color fastness of surface coating
- ASTM D 3273-94, Resistance to mold growth of surface coating
- Data Sheet - General Overview
- Applicators Guide
- ICC Report
- MSDS Report
- Block Construction: 50-60 sq.ft/gal.
- Parged (concrete scratch coat) over block: 50-60 sq.ft/gal.
- Concrete: 60-70 sq.ft/gal.
- ICF or Styrofoam Board: 70-80 sq.ft/gal.
- 5 GAL PAIL = 300 - 325 sq.ft coverage (incl. 2 thin coats)
(Dependent on temperature, equipment used, surface porosity)
Deco SEAL does not require a protection board. Tar related materials applied above grade require a protection board, taping of seams, cutting to length.
Packaging & Colors
- 5 gal. & 55 gal.
- Light Gray & TAN
Poured Concrete Walls - Deco Seal Spray Application
Block Walls - Parged & Non-Parged, Roll On Application
Overall Customer Rating of 5 Reviews: